ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO LGA1151 DDR4 M.2 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 Type A Type C Intel Z170 ATX Motherboard
$219.99 Excl. tax
- Availability: In stock (2)
- Article number:AS-MAXIMUSVIIIHERO
- Availability: In stock (2)
OVERVIEWThe ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA improves upon the award-winning design of the original ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO by offering improved USB 3.1 performance, 2T2R 802.11ac Wi-Fi with MU-MIMO, dual NVMe U.2 sockets, and all-new Aura RGB Strip headers for custom system lighting.
AT A GLANCE• Intel® Socket 1151
• Intel® Z170 Chipset
• NEW 5-Way Optimization for 1-click total system tuning
• ASUS Pro Clock Technology for extended BCLK overclocking range
• 2nd Generation T-Topology for DDR4-3600+ MHz with all memory slots populated
• Integrated USB 3.1 with one Type A and one Type C port
• Reinvented SupremeFX 2015 Audio with top-to-bottom upgrades
• Intel® I219-V Gigabit Ethernet with ROG GameFirst for no-lag gameplay
• LED Lighting and Aura Flex RGB headers for a personalized look
• Advanced, intuitive UEFI BIOS for both novices and experts
5-WAY OPTIMIZATIONNew to ROG, 5-Way Optimization performs a variety of system tuning procedures through a single click:
1. Turbo Processing Unit (TPU) with Auto Tuning is able to automatically overclock the CPU to 95% of its potential maximum frequency, with an exhaustive stress-testing routine to ensure stable operation.
2. Energy Processing Unit (EPU) automatically adjusts power consumption according to the PC's needs, going as far as shutting down unused extra I/O controllers and graphics cards' power levels when unused.
3. Fan Xpert 3 is an advanced combination of hardware and software that can automatically calibrate PWM (on all 4-pin fan headers) or DC fans in the system for the right combination of cool and quiet.
4. Extreme Engine DIGI+ fully complies with Intel® IMVP8 specifications to ensure stable digital power delivery to increase OC potential, enhance system stability and improve power efficiency.
5. Turbo App allows for customized overclocking, cooling, network prioritization and audio profiles to be applied automatically on a by-application basis, making transitioning from gaming to watching a movie seamless.
FASTER STORAGE BY DESIGNThose looking to adopt speedy PCIe M.2 x4 will be happy to find the onboard slot supports 2242, 2260, 2280 and 22110 lengths of drives, ready for larger capacity M.2 drives. For those that must have the fastest speed at any cost, the ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA offers several options for PCIe RAID: with two integrated U.2 ports and support for up to 3 PCIe devices in a RAID in order to take full advantage of the speeds provided by NVMe.
NO-LAG GAMINGDemand more from the wire with ROG networking. With Intel® I219-V Gigabit LAN as the foundation, wired connections inherently enjoy higher throughput and lower CPU overhead compared to alternatives. On the software side, ROG GameFirst advanced packet prioritization software ensures your game gets the bandwidth it deserves to minimize ping times. And because the longevity of your ethernet port is perhaps the last thing you want to worry about, LANGuard hardware-level safeguards for both ESD and surge protection so you can focus on your game and worry only about K/D.
That being said, wires aren't always there when you need them, and if you need to take your ROG experience wireless, you'll be glad to know that we've incorporated the latest 2x2 802.11ac Wi-Fi solution with Multi-User MIMO for dual-band wireless speeds up to 867Mbps for fast, reliable data transfers and lag-free gaming off the wire.
LED LIGHTING TO CUSTOMIZE YOUR BUILDBuilding an ROG rig is as much about aesthetics as it is about performance. The ROG eye on the PCH of the ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA can be customized along the full RGB spectrum, enabling you to select your perfect color from 1.6 million available colors, and with the all-new ROG Aura RGB Strip Headers exclusive to the ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA, you can completely customize the lighting of your ROG rig by installing standard 5050 RGB LED strips without having to worry about a bulky RGB controller.
FAN XPERT 3: DEDICATED WATER PUMP HEADERIn addition to all 4-pin headers supporting PWM & DC control, self-contained and custom water cooling systems now have a dedicated header to connect to that provides the required 1A of power for both DC- or PWM-controlled pumps without having to sacrifice a CPU fan header.
ASUS PRO CLOCK TECHNOLOGYA dedicated base-clock (BCLK) generator designed for 6th-generation Intel® processors that allow overclocked base clock frequencies up to or beyond 400MHz, enabling additional flexibility in overclocking methods.
EXTREME ENGINE DIGI+The removal of the fully integrated voltage regulator (FIVR) on 6th Gen Core CPUs has once again brought digital power delivery to the forefront. DIGI+ NexFET™ MOSFETs, 10K Japanese-made black metallic capacitors (rated for 10,000 hours at 105° C) and Microfine Alloy Chokes deliver stable, reliable power for sustainable overclocking.
USB 3.1, TWO WAYSWith both Type A and Type C USB 3.1 ports onboard, the ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO is capable of handling current USB 3.1 devices, as well as up-and-coming devices. What's more, ASUS USB 3.1 performance can take advantage of USB 3.1 Boost, pushing transfer speeds even higher than competitors' offerings.
REINVENTED SUPREMEFX 2015 AUDIOMore than an evolution, ROG SupremeFX 2015 is a revolution in integrated audio design, combining high-end audio components with expertly-engineered layout. From the ROG-pioneered isolated audio layout with red-line shielding designed to minimize interference to the renowned ESS® ES9023P DAC with dedicated clock to eliminate jitter, SupremeFX 2015 ensures immersive gaming audio with impeccable clarity.
KEYBOT IIGoing beyond the functionality of even the most advanced gaming keyboards, KeyBot II upgrades your existing keyboard instantly. From recording complex timed macros to reassigning F-keys to system control functions, KeyBot II links your motherboard ot your keyboard in an unprecedented way.
MEDIA-ACCLAIMED UEFI BIOSWith each generation, ROG UEFI evolves to simultenaously become easier-to-use and robust in its feature set, and Z170 is no exception. EZ Flash 3 enables updates from the internet directly within UEFI, without needing to enter Windows. The EZ Tuning wizard allows builders to quickly overclock or create RAID arrays via a simple step-by-step guided process. For the enthusiasts, a pre-populated My Favorites tab provides quick access to commonly accessed settings and the ability to customize beyond that. And of course, all the settings in their full granular glory are maintained on ROG MAXIMUS VIII.
ROG RAMCACHEIt's no mystery that DRAM has the fastest transfer speed of any storage medium within the PC. With increasing memory densities, there is reason to ask more from RAM. ROG RAMCache intelligently caches files that are frequently accessed, minimizing load times, and automatically customizing to your behavior.
BUILD FASTER. BUILD TO LAST.Fusing together ASUS Q-Design to ROG safeguards delivers a faster, more enjoyable build experience with the peace of mind that a variety of enhancements are in place to keep your build safe for years to come.
WHAT'S INSIDE THE BOX?ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA Motherboard
6 x SATA 6Gb/s cables
2 x RGB extension cables
1 x ROG 2-Way SLI bridge
1 x Q-Shield
1 x Q-connector
1 x CPU Installation Tool
Hard Drive Labels
ROG Door Hanger
ROG Case Badge
0 stars based on 0 reviews Add your review